Σάββατο 5 Ιανουαρίου 2008

The Social Work Experience


What's a Social Worker like?
You can try to imagine a person running around the city, visiting people, agencies, courts of law, prisons etc.. then, swamped in a huge load of files & paperwork.

Why?
Not for money.. The goal is to improve people's lives on all levels, financially, socially, legally and all else.

My 3 Funniest Cases
There are of course people who are beyond improvement. Some of the funniest cases I remember working with:
1. One client of mine was under the impression he was an FBI agent. Every time I needed to visit him, he was on a 'mission impossible' together with Tom Cruise (!!)
2. Once I tried to visit one paranoid female client and she sneaked out the back door (maybe she thought I was coming to kill her?) .. I had to spend all day with the police and squad teams just looking for her. (Not even the police could find her.. I think she's still running...)
3. Talking about hoarding: most of my clients were garbage collectors. Garbage from wall to wall and up to the ceiling, garbage here, garbage there, garbage, garbage everywhere!! Some had to move out of their homes because there was no space to stand or sleep and some couldn't even open their front door.

0 φτερουγίσματα: